If you offer services rather than products, you may be wondering how to practice social distancing while marketing effectively and working efficiently. Fortunately, there is a way forward, and it’s virtual. You can help your organization—and your employees—remain healthy by taking advantage of these convenient cloud-based solutions:
- Teleconferencing and videoconferencing tools such as join.me, Slack, Skype, and Zoom mean you won’t have to purchase extra hand sanitizer when it’s time for your next planning meeting or speaking engagement. All you have to do is turn on your device, sign in, and start your session—from anywhere. Pair virtual conferencing tools with audio transcription services (for instance, Otter and Trint) to reduce the data entry burden on your staff and free them up for more urgent tasks.
- Video- and audio-friendly websites and applications like YouTube, Vimeo, iTunes, and SoundCloud support podcasts, advertisements, virtual meetings, and internal and external webinars. Whether the client-facing content is paid or free is up to you, but in either case, providing a virtual forum is important because we can no longer conduct in-person events. (If you’re producing a webinar, don’t forget to hold a Q&A with guests.)
- File sharing resources—think Google Drive/Docs, Dropbox, and SharePoint—allow you and your employees to collaborate on complex projects in a paperless environment.
- Content management systems like WordPress let you create websites and edit posts with ease, and you don’t have to hire a web developer for every change.
- Virtual project management workspaces such as Monday.com and Asana make progress reporting easier for you and your staff.
- CRM offerings (Constant Contact, Mailchimp, and Salesforce, to name a few) help you segment your audience and optimize your mailing list.
No matter what virtual vehicles you use to operate your business and make sales, know that maintaining a robust online presence is essential. That was the case before COVID-19, and it’s even more so now. Smart organizations recognize that people’s basic needs don’t change even if their physical location does. Proactively marketing your organization’s services now will promote its well-being over the weeks and months to come. We can help you create visually appealing content that furthers your marketing strategy and enlarges your digital footprint. Contact us today to learn more.